The school is committed to the fair treatment of its staff, workers, potential staff/workers and users of its services regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, social, marital or civil status, pregnancy or maternity reasons, having responsibility for dependants, Trade Union involvement or any other grounds irrelevant to the role or service in question.
The school will not treat unfairly, or discriminate against, anyone with a criminal record. Having a criminal record does not mean that an individual will automatically be prevented from obtaining employment or working in this school.
Assistant Librarian (Part-time)
Assistant Librarian - Part time
|Permanent contract||40 weeks term-time (Part-time)|
|Working hours||24 hours per week (Wednesday to Friday)|
|Actual salary range||£17,432-£19,476|
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a vibrant and constantly busy environment with a huge range of books and resources that support the curriculum and enrichment. We provide a calm and pleasant place to study and promote reading for pleasure and purpose in all our students. The Assistant Librarian is expected to work with staff and pupils to determine information requirements and assist in the promotion of reading and research skills throughout the school ensuring the library is welcoming to all and provide an area that is conducive to wellbeing and study. The role is part of a job share working Wednesday to Friday.
The successful candidate will have
- A good level of ICT competency, excellent communications skills, and the ability to work flexibly
- Knowledge of working within a Library environment
- Have knowledge of communicating with a variety of stakeholders
- Passionate about promoting literacy and learning to the pupils.
- Ability to problem solve and work inventively
We can offer:
- A friendly work environment and a supportive team
- Pension, Cycle scheme, Season ticket loan, Tech scheme, EAP
- Continuous CPD
- Happy and confident children who enjoy being at school
- A committed Governing Body and an experienced and committed leadership team
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school by prior arrangement. Please contact Jobs@fortismere.org.uk for further information or to arrange a visit.
Fortismere School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
|Closing date for applications||Friday 10th November 2023 (12pm)|
|Interview date||Week commencing 13th November 2023|