WHY STUDY PHYSICS?
What will I study?
A Level Physics - AQA Course
Year 12 – AS Level Physics
- Particles and radiation – constituents of the atom, stable and unstable nuclei
- Progressive and stationary waves
- Force, energy and momentum
- Current electricity
Year 13 – A Level Physics
- Circular motion and simple harmonic motion
- Force fields, gravitational physics
- Radioactivity and radiation
- Optional – astrophysics, medical physics, engineering physics, turning points in physics
The AS and A Level grades are based on written exams, however, the course also includes compulsory practical activities.