Our students have a reputation for resilience, ambition and confidence, complemented by a concern for others. We encourage our students to develop an open-minded, positive approach in order to access the very best opportunities both in and outside school, supporting them to become increasingly engaged in the world around them. We seek to foster empathy, kindness and moral responsibility in our students, actively encouraging them to support themselves, each other, and their community.
Our aim as a school is to provide our students with a ‘transformative education’ which sees them leave Fortismere well-equipped to live happy, fulfilled lives. In order to help our young people develop, we are a school that seeks to ensure no barriers exclude any child from accessing the best opportunities and fulfilling their potential. We champion high aspirations and have the highest expectations of behaviour, commitment to learning, character, and values.
We therefore provide a curriculum which:
- Is broad and innovative, with traditional academic subjects enriched by a strong emphasis on the creative arts.
- Includes a range of curriculum pathways that motivate, involve, and inspire students.
- Is delivered in exciting, challenging, and engaging lessons taught by subject specialists, instilling a lifelong love of learning.
- Takes a personalised approach, with an emphasis on the aspirations and achievements of the
- individual, reflecting our school’s inclusive ethos.
- Is complimented by extra-curricular activities designed and organised to make the most of the opportunities in our local community and the wider world.
For more information about each departments' curriculum then please click here or on a subject below.
|GEOGRAPHY||ICT & COMPUTING|
|PRE||HISTORY & POLITICS|
|MODERN LANGUAGES||ART & PHOTOGRAPHY|
|DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY||ECONOMICS & BUSINESS (KS4&5)|
|MEDIA & FILM (KS4&5)||PSYCHOLOGY (KS5)|
|PHYSICAL EDUCATION||PHILOSOPHY (KS5)|