In Key Stage 4 students study up to 10 GCSEs, depending on their ability. The varied options system allows for the study of three separate sciences, as well as two languages and a range of courses, including vocational options. We have produced lots of information to help parents/carers and students make decisions about their Options. On this page you will find:
2. Options Booklet (2018) - containing all you need to know about subjects available etc.
3. The Options Form - to submit your Options by 26th February 2018
This is the timetable for making decisions about Options in 2018:
Click this link to see the 2018 Options Booklet.
Click this link to see the Options Fayre Presentation.
Click this link to submit your Options. The form needs to be completed and sent by Monday 26th February 2018.
Click this link for more information on Attainment 8.
You might like to see the list of qualifications that count for the English Baccalaureate here.
Support from the Careers Service
Choosing GCSE Options in Year 9 can be a daunting experience for parents/carers and students. Should you require a careers advice and guidance appointment to talk over GCSE options with a careers advisor concerning potential career routes, you can contact the careers service via email, from February onwards, to arrange an appointment Wednesday—Friday.
- Ms Karp - Assistant Head - Data and Progression (reporting and WAGS) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Allaway - Assistant Head - Overview KS4/Line Manager for Colleges email@example.com
- Ms Topping - Director of Learning firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Fineberg - Assistant Head - Teaching and Learning email@example.com
You may also wish to discuss Options with your child's Tutor or Head of College. For contact details, please go to our Contact Us page.