FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Free School Meals and Pupil Premium Grant
In this section, you can find information about Free School Meals and Clothing Grants for 2018/19.
If your child qualifies for Free School Meals, his/her school receives additional government funding, known as The Pupil Premium, of up to £935.00 per pupil.
Due to recent national changes to school lunch charges, many parents have not applied for Free School Meals – as a result, schools in Haringey have missed out on this much needed, extra government funding.
To qualify for Free School Meals, the main parent/carer would need to be claiming one of the following benefits at any time during the year:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190.00)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (providing you have net earnings of less than £7,400.00 a year (£616.67 a month))
The Pupil Premium is paid to schools directly as they are best placed to assess what additional support their pupils need. This could be providing before and after school clubs/groups, intensive support for pupils, additional support staff, training staff and family support workers.
Please read the Guidance Notes for full information, including on how to apply here
The Application Form is available here