Financial Support for STUDENTS in the SIXTH Form
At Fortismere we have a number of different bursaries available for sixth form students.
Students from low income households are eligible to apply for a maintenance bursary to support their continued full-time education. The amount of the maintenance bursary will depend upon the number of applications received and the funding available to us. Maintenance bursaries are lsimilar to the previous EMA system and will be assessed according to free school meals criteria. Maintenance bursaries will be available to students if their parent/carer is in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowances
- Child Tax Credit
- Evidence of free school meals
Eligible students will need to maintain above 90% attendance to receive payments and must agree to this before receiving their first payment
Vulnerable STUDENTS Bursary
Students who meet the following criteria will be eligible for a bursary:
- Students who are living in care aged 16 or 17
- Students who are care leavers aged 16, 17 or 18 (i.e. any student who has spent time in care previously)
- Students aged 16, 17 or 18 and in receipt of Income Support (IS) or Universal Credit (UC)
- Students with a disability and in receipt of Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit (UC) or Disability Living Allowance (DSA) or Personal Independence Payments (PIP).
This bursary is applied for online will be paid in three instalments over the year.
Priority will be given to Vulnerable bursaries and Maintenance bursaries, however, once these have been allocated applications for, discretionary bursaries will be considered. Discretionary bursaries consist of one-off payments of no more than £200 to students facing financial barriers to their participation and learning. The household income must be between £16,191 and £30,000 and students will need to provide evidence of educational need and household income. This bursary can be applied for at any time during the academic year although oversubscription might apply. Please note that if IT equipment or text books are purchased the school may require them to be returned at the end of the course of study.
Eligible students will need to demonstrate above 90% attendance to receive payments.
How to Apply
To apply for a bursary, students should contact Ms Jackson in the sixth form office to collect a form and to show the required up-to-date evidence.
Any specific questions about eligibility for these bursaries should be directed to your Head of Year in the first instance.