Skip to content ↓


What should I do if I have a query about:


Topic Contact
Contacting a student in an emergency Call the office on 020 8365 4400
Informing the school that my child is sick Leave a message asap on the Attendance Line: 020 8365 4429 or email
Informing the school of any daily absence Leave a message asap on the Attendance Line: 020 8365 4429 or email
Problems within my child's Tutor Group Email Tutor
Friendship issues in school Email Tutor
Bullying Email Tutor
Long-term Absences (over one week) Email Head of College
Academic Progress across School Email Head of College
Issues with Homework Email Subject Teacher
Issues with Subject Email Subject Teacher
Academic Progress within Subject Email Head of Department
Queries within Subject Email Head of Department
General Information or School Issue Email Office on or call on 020 8365 4400
ParentMail Email Ms Greenwood on
Sixth Form Email
Exams Email
Booking Parents' Evening appointments Email
Lockers Students can visit Ms Brown in North Wing Office, Monday to Wednesday
Fortismere Music Centre (Saturday School) Email
Lettings Email

Most general issues relating to your child should be addressed to their Tutor in the first instance. If you wish to escalate an enquiry, please then contact their Head of College. If you wish to take the matter further, please then contact one of our Assistant Headteachers or Deputy Heads. Only in exceptional circumstances should the Headteacher can be contacted about an individual child.


Some Common Scenarios:

1. My child cannot access funds for the Canteen.

A: Check their balance on ParentMail and update if necessary. If you are having technical problems with ParentMail, contact Ms A Greenwood (  Please note that if a student has a genuine reason for not being able to access funds, the canteen will provide them with lunch that day.

More information can be found here.


2. My child feels unwell during the school day.

A: Students who feel unwell during lessons should inform their teacher. The teacher will send them, with a note, to the nearest medical room (North or South Wing). The Welfare Officer will see them there and assess their ability to stay in school. If they need to be sent home, the Welfare Officer will contact the parent/carer. Students who are ill may not leave school alone - they must be collected. Students must not contact their parents/carers direct (mobile phones are not permitted in school hours).

If a child has been vomiting or has diarrhoea, they must not come into school for 48 hours after the last episode.


3. My child needs to leave school during the school day for a pre-arranged appointment (eg doctor or dentist). 

A: Please email before the appointment to inform the school. With parental permission, students may leave school during the day for their appointment. They must go to either North or South Wing office to be signed out.


4. My child is returning from an appointment during the school day, or is in late because of an appointment first thing. What should they do?

A: Students coming in late because of a pre-arranged appointment, or returning to school after an appointment, must enter school via South Wing gate (on Tetherdown). In order to avoid receiving a C3 (detention), they must have evidence of their appointment. They should then go straight to class.


5. I wish to take my child out of school during term-time.

A: You will need to complete a Leave of Absence Form and return it to their Head of College. You do NOT need to complete a Form if the absence is for:

  • a family funeral
  • Religious holiday
  • Medical Appointments
  • Exams (eg music or dance)

In those cases, you MUST email to inform the school.

More information can be found here.


6. My child has lost their coat/bag/PE kit etc.

A: We recommend that items which might easily be mislaid are labelled. However, if an item is handed in, Lost Property can be found in North and South Wing Offices. Any items of PE kit might also be found in the PE Department. Items are kept for a half-term and then disposed of.


7. My child has been given a C3 (detention) and I want to dispute it.

A: Staff think carefully about issuing C3s and it is unlikely that a C3 will be removed. We do not therefore encourage parents/carers to contact the school to debate a C3. However, if you have a serious concern, please contact the member of staff who issued the C3 (you will find that information on Go4Schools).


8. I wish to book a meeting with the Headteacher.

A: As you will imagine, in a school of over 1400 students, it is not possible for the Headteacher to be fully briefed on every student. That is why there is a comprehensive structure in place to support your child, including their Tutor and Head of College. For most queries, please contact them in the first instance. The Headteacher is available at key school events throughout the year and at group briefing sessions if/when they are deemed necessary.


9. I wish to contact the School Governors.

A: If you would like to contact the School Governors, please email the Clerk to the Governors, Ms Sam Murray, at