Aims for Students
- Extending the knowledge, experience and imaginative understanding of every student to lay the foundation for a lifetime of learning and enjoyment.
- Instilling an awareness of, and a respect for, moral values.
- Preparing students to become active participants in society and responsible contributors to it, capable of achieving as much independence as possible.
Aims of the school
- That all students are of equal concern.
- That the curriculum should provide all students with insights into those attitudes, concepts, skills and bodies of knowledge compatible with the above aims of education.
- That all will be able to reach their full potential through the curricular and extracurricular activities of the school and that this process should be carefully monitored.
- That the school will promote self-discipline and empathy for others, both within the school and the wider community.
- That the school will welcome the involvement of parents/carers and the local community in the life of the school.
- That the school will continually evaluate its practices and performance and provide adequate opportunities for staff to promote and assess their professional development.
- That these aims will be achieved by a free and open dialogue between the constituent groups associated with the school.